Sunday, May 30, 2010

what's in a name?


I thought a quick word about the name of this blog was in order since some of you might be thinking it's a bit morbid perhaps?  I don't think I need to spell out to you intelligent folk the reasons why the title is so right for my blog, me being a maker and all.  The initial idea came from the title of a truly wacky and gleefully insane romp of book by J.P. Donleavy called Meet My Maker the Mad Molecule.  Although I read it many years ago, it has stayed with me.  Also aware of its deathly allusions, I did google Meet My Maker to make sure I was aware of the competition.  I shouldn't have been suprised to find that it is not only the title of a song by Good Charlotte, but is the namesake of a hardcore (apologies if I've got this genre all wrong) band.  I think i can live with that. Just. Here's hoping they can too.    

No comments:

Post a Comment